Box Office Manager
Tulsa Ballet seeks a Box Office Manager to oversee earned revenue initiatives. Duties and responsibilities include overseeing all ticket sales and box office functions with regard to development and implementation of pricing, scale of hall, inbound and outbound sales of subscriptions, individual and group tickets as well as daily financial reconciliation and reporting. Also includes the development, implementation, tracking and reporting of marketing initiatives and promotions.
Successful candidates will have at least 2 years experience working in a performing arts box office and possess excellent Microsoft Office software skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience utilizing performing arts industry ticketing software such as ProVenue/Tessitura is preferred. A positive team-oriented, proactive individual that is able to sell with both enthusiasm and professionalism is required. Especially seeking an individual with a passion for the ballet and entertainment industry that is willing and able to work flexible hours as required, consistently exceed sales goals and provide superior customer service.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education is seeking a part-time Apprentice Pianist.
Position Overview: Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education’s Apprentice Pianist Position offers a full school year (August to May) of employment for a talented pianist beginning their professional career. Piano accompanying for classical ballet technique classes is a specialized area of collaborative piano arts, requiring musical understanding and sensitivity, pianistic ability, knowledge of specific repertoire for classical ballet, communication skills, and familiarity with the characteristics of ballet movements. The Apprentice Pianist will train with our full-time staff pianists and school faculty to learn these skills and reach an acceptable level of proficiency in this specialized field. They will gain valuable experience in playing for our outreach programs (LEAPS) and different levels of ballet technique classes for our school, enjoy our company productions, master piano transcriptions of standard classical ballet repertoire, and learn to transcribe choreography in rehearsal scores. The position is a paid apprenticeship.
- At least 5 years of classical piano training. A Bachelor’s degree or above with a major or minor in music (emphasis on keyboard instruments) is preferred.
- 6 months of experience accompanying ballet technique classes is preferable. Inexperienced accompanists with excellent piano skills will also be considered.
- Good sight reading of music and familiarity with ballet class structure and ballet vocabularies is an asset.
- Ability to play an average of 4-5 hours of scheduled classes per day in addition to personal practice time to continue to develop technical proficiency.
- Candidate will need to be able to work amicably under pressure with other artistic staff
- Must be extremely well organized
- Repertoire list (Major pieces that you have played for the past 3 years. Include ballet repertoire as well, if applicable.)
- Recording of recent unedited performances (2 contrasting solo pieces). Applicants can send the recordings in mp3 format through email or put them on a CD if mailing in the application. In lieu of a recording, in-person auditions may also be scheduled at the applicant’s expense.
- Two professional references with phone numbers, emails and addresses (letters are not necessary). Include the names of ballet teachers for whom you have played, if applicable.
Principal Company and School Pianist: Mr. Andrew Lahti
(918) 749-6030 ext. 266
You can also mail in the materials to:
ATTN: Apprentice Pianist Position
1212 E 45th Place South
Tulsa, OK 74105
Review of applications and interviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.